December 8, 2012

It's Christmas Time in the Country



The law office where I work is a charming old farm house with narrow staircases and old plumbing and a very cold attic. Because we're out in the country, we often have Amish clients come in - I'm pretty shy naturally, but even if I were super outgoing I'd have trouble carrying on a conversation with the Amish. Plus, I always feel like they're offended by my exposed knees.

"How's the farm?" I usually shout at them, because when I get nervous I can't always control the volume of my voice.

Last Thursday word spread that I was starting to decorate the office for Christmas. Soon all the ladies were gathered in the reception area, decking the halls while one of the lawyers sang "Angels We Have Heard on High" in Latin. Our boss, the one man in the office, was all like, "O hey guys, wanna draft some documents?" And we were just like, "HELL NAW, MAN. MORE CHEER." Then we draped him merrily with tinsel.
Image of Christmas Troy via Community Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment